Tuesday, March 8, 2011

March Spotlight

This month I am really excited about the FanficAholics Anon member spotlight.
Our winner has eight Twi-Fics to her name, is an FFA officer; a respected Beta; and the person
responsible for setting up the wonderful Blog that you are reading this post on.


Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you…


CLAIRE BLOOM!!!!



Claire is such an integral part of FFA that when I opened my word document and began to think
about what I could say, I started to quietly panic.


What do you say about a woman who helped found the group that we all know and love? What do you say about an author that you have admired since you began reading Fan Fiction?


So with all of these thoughts swirling around in my head and no clear direction on where to start, I approached some of my fellow officers and FFA members to see if they could help me find the words to describe our beloved Claire.


The responses I received were so touching that I couldn’t condense them, so instead, I have
decided to share the emails with you all.

The first one is from our General – Ferla V;

When I first met Claire Bloom, I was traipsing through one of my fave FB groups and saw a
few of her posts in a discussion about fanfiction. I replied to her and informed her of my new
group and she was so bubbly, so encouraging, that I fell in love, instantly. I'm pretty sure that
we had barely known each other for a day when I asked her if she would like to help me admin
FFAA. Her answer was an excited 'YES!' and the rest, as they say, is history. In the past 18+
months, I have found that each and every day I love her more and more. She is talented, fun,
understanding and kind. I am yet to find a 'bad' thing about Claire ... oh wait there is one thing!
She's not around enough lately. Luckily she has a good excuse and I get a niece/nephew out of
it, but I still miss her every day.
If you haven't read Claire's amazing work, then you are missing out on some of the most
gripping, tantalizing and beautiful stories on FFN.
I love you, Claire and no one deserves to be in the spotlight more than you this month.
Always
Chaz
x

For those that don’t know, Claire is a very talented Beta. Right now she betas a fic that we
featured here a few months back called ‘Home’, by Clara Bella. Clara had a few words that she
wanted to share about Claire;

"Claire has a way about her. She never critiques without praising, and never corrects without encouragement. I can email her with ridiculous questions, but she always takes the time to
answer, and she does so with a true consideration for me and my work. She sees past the
technicalities, and into the heart of the story—what the characters are saying; what I want to say. I can be struggling with plot points, details, where to go next, and she always, ALWAYS
knows just the right thing to say! Claire is pure magic, and I am so lucky to have her!"
~ Clara Bella xx "


The last member that I have a message from our banner maker and beta extraordinaire, Tanya
Zedor;

My lovely Claire Bloom...what's there to say? Too much, definitely too much to fit into this
small space.

You're the very reason I became a beta. I read this not-so-little fic called "Enigma", and
absolutely fell in love with the way you write. I loved your characters, the mystery...and I
wanted more. You asked for a beta, and hell, I offered. Why wouldn't I?!

I'm SO glad you chose me in the end, because not only have you been there for me in my
writing (and I in yours), but also in my life. You're an amazing person, friend, author, beta...
you're everything wrapped in a gorgeous package ;)

Congrats, babe! Keep writing and being amazing. I can't wait to see more great things from you



- Tanya

In my opinion all of Claire’s fics fit into the category of just plain EPIC! And it is very difficult
to pick just one to feature. Instead, I would like to urge you all to go on over and check out
Claire’s stories! My personal favourite, Spellbound can be found Here; (Spellbound) Also Claires entry into the 100 Pictures contest was amazing! If you didn't read the entry when it first posted, you need to check out The Secret Diary of a Broken Heart. You can find it here: (The Secret Diary of a Broken Heart. )

I would also like to add a MASSIVE thankyou to Claire for all that she does for FFA. She is always so friendly and welcoming to all of our members, and goes out of her way to help everyone— even if it’s just with a supportive word.


Without you, Claire this Blog would possibly not exist, and I am certain that FFA wouldn’t be the place that we all know and love. Thank you for all of the time and effort that you put into making FFA a better place for us all.

Lastly, for those of you who don’t know, Claire is about to become a Mummy!

From everyone at FFA, Claire, we wish you the best of luck and can’t wait to see pictures of
your new addition.


XX TGBeib

2 comments:

  1. This is so amazing! I am so glad Clair got the spot-light this month - she deserves it! I really can't say I know her that well but every time I have had a conversation with her, she has been understanding and patient - not to mention, she kept up with my hyper-ness and really confused spellings! ;P

    I love Clair like a sister and I find her writing and everything that she has done just great! I am so, so glad I got to say this, because one thing's for sure -

    CLAIR RULES!!!! WHOOO!!!!!!!

    -Nits

    ReplyDelete
  2. *wails like a banshee*

    I am so touched *sniff* this was the most beautiful blog update, ever, and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart!

    Now, if this isn't incentive enough to make sure I'm more active on the FFAA stage then I don't know what is!

    Love you all <3

    Cx

    ReplyDelete