Monday, August 24, 2009

Interview With AccrossTheSkyInStars ~ Tanya Zedor ~ Author: Last First Kiss

Tanya Zedor - penname AcrossTheSkyInStars is a 19yo English Major uni student. She lives in Canada with her family and two dogs, Oreo and Maxx. Tanya has one completed TwiFic, which you can read here, as well as a TwiFic in progress.
Tanya is obviously a huge Twilight fan who joined the group not long after it started. She has now become a very important part of the group, and as Officer Alice's Gift, you will be seeing alot of her around here as well as on the page at FB.
So we thought it'd be great to get to know her a little better by asking her the following questions!

Interviewers: Chantel Chambers-Adams & Claire Guyan

Interviewee: Tanya Zedor aka AcrossTheSkyInStars


Get to know you better Q’s:

1. What’s your favourite colour?
Green, and no, it’s not because it’s the colour of human Edward’s eyes. Green has been my favourite colour since I can remember. I love it.

2. What’s your favourite food?
Hmm, I really love pasta – hot or cold. It can be spaghetti or pasta salad, anything, lol.

3. Who are you currently listening to on your iPod?
Well right now I would be listening to iTunes, which is the same thing and right at this moment I am listening to Cobra Starship – Snakes on a Plane. But right now I’m really into Cute Is What We Aim For, Billy Talent, Metric, Blink-182, and Spill Canvas. Just to name a few.

4. Who is your Girl crush & why?
Haha, I love this question. I really adore Ashley Greene, of Twilight, I think she’s gorgeous and humble and sweet. But the one that I absolutely love is Ellen Degeneres. She’s the funniest woman in show biz, in my opinion, and watching her show makes me giggle myself retarded.

5. What book are you currently reading?
Well as of right now I’m not currently reading an actually published book. For now its fanfic, fanfic, and more fanfic. I’m hopelessly addicted to reading and writing fics, so for now that’s what I’m reading. The last book I read though had to be City of Glass, by Cassandra Clare. AWESOME series that I love just as much as Twilight (please don’t chase me down with pitchforks and torches!)

6. Do you have a tattoo? If yes what is it and if no what would you get?
Sadly, I do not have a tattoo. I’ve always wanted one, just something tiny. I really would love to get a small quote, maybe on my ankle or on the back of my neck. But I can’t think of anything I would want to get written on my body for life. So I’m thinking it through and making sure I know what I want before I jump in and ink my bod ; )

7. What is your real life job?
Oh dear, well as I am only 19 years old, I only have a part time job. I work at a Tim Horton’s *rolls eyes* I’ve been there for 3 years, and it’s the easiest job you will ever do. It stresses a lot of people out because of the customers, but I know enough about my job and the rules there that I can deal with them. Other than that I’m a student at university (English major).

8. If you were asked to write a motto for your life, what would it say?
“Nothing will come of nothing”. I chose this from Shakespeare’s King Lear because it is personally one of my favourite quotes in the play, and also because it has so much truth behind it. If you don’t try it, who’s to say you wouldn’t be able to do it? That’s kind of my philosophy; nothing will come of your actions if you don’t put them into action.

9. Before Twilight what was your other obsession?
Lol, I really don’t think I had an obsession before Twilight. I watched a lot of movies and watched TV like there was no tomorrow. I most likely know every episode and line of Friends because I’ve watched the seasons so many times it’s not even funny. But the closest thing to an obsession...would most likely be the Harry Potter books. Which I wasn’t obsessed over; I just liked them a lot.


Last First Kiss Q’s:

1. Did you make notes about LFK before starting?
In all honesty, not really. I jotted down a few ideas for characters and their traits, but I didn’t have much in the way of notes. In hindsight I should have, and I do with my other fic ‘Forgive Me, Please’. But with LFK I was very new at the whole thing, and was a major NOOB. I still kind of am, but as a writer I think I’ve grown a lot since the beginning of LFK. I’ve learned that making notes is extremely helpful.

2. Was it deliberate that Jacob was not involved in the story?
Yes, it was a deliberate choice that Jacob was not in my fic. I like Jake as a character, but in some fics he tries to stir shit up, and to just avoid meeting him at all I simply didn’t put him in. My story (which I haven’t even put in the fic) is that Billy’s wife died in a car accident years ago that left Billy paralyzed from the waist down. They had 2 daughters, Rachel and Rebecca, and when Billy’s wife died she was pregnant with Jacob.

3. Do you prefer to write in one POV & if so whose?
In LFK I really don’t have a preference, although I did write a lot more in BPOV. I began writing the fic in her POV, and a little ways in decided to shift them. I love writing in them both, but for LFK I enjoyed writing in them both equally. Now for FMP it’s a different story. I much prefer writing Edward in my other fic. It varies depending on what I’m writing about.

4. You say Chapter 11 “Violated” was in the inspiration behind the story but what helped you lead up to that?
Yes, chapter 11 was sort of the basis for why I wrote it. I had this idea of Bella being attacked, like she would have been had a vampire Edward not been there to rescue her. I had originally set it in Port Angeles, but when I gave the story more thought I wanted to make it a college story. So to lead up to it I began with Bella and Alice at college, meeting two strikingly handsome roommates. The first chapter was not in there to begin with (the Mike date and the acceptance letter). I decided that it needed a bit more background and changed ‘Floor Meeting’ to the second chapter. When I got the idea for the fic, the first line of chapter two is honestly the thing I wrote down to begin with. It just came to me and I was like, okay?

5. What helps you write your lemons?
Haha, oh dear. I really, honestly have no clue. I listen to music, mostly upbeat stuff that gets me in a giddy mood. Being all hyper and shit helps me to write something a bit more out there. But other than that I really do nothing except write what I feel like writing. I get myself into that dirty mind-set (which I’m normally in anyways...) and write what comes to me.


Other Q’s:


1. Name 3 things you find annoying when reading other fics.
Mistakes. That’s why I love being a Beta. I can’t stand seeing small mistakes that could have easily been avoided. If it’s something barely noticeable I can tolerate it, but blatant spelling mistakes and wrong word choice drives me up the wall. But I know I’m not perfect, and my fics have mistakes. It also annoys me when some authors excessively use a phrase or word without knowing it. If I Beta a chapter of something and a word is used too much I make sure the author knows. It’s better to widen your vocab and use flowery words. They make it more interesting. Oh, it also bothers me if authors use too many exclamation marks in a row!!!!!! Some do it to accentuate how loud or obnoxious a character is being, but I think it’s kind of unnecessary. I don’t mind if it’s used at the end of a sentence where its needed, but using 20 in a row to show that a person is yelling kind of doesn’t make sense to me.

2. What do you prefer to read AU or AU-Human?
I really don’t have a preference, although I have read more AU-Human fics. I love to see what they go through with nothing but their human emotions and hormones hindering them. But with AU I love to see what would happen with Bella and Edward and the gang in a different situation – such as ‘As Fate Would Have it’ by into.scrapes, and ‘Spellbound’ by Claire.

3. Do you prefer canon pairings or when writers break away from the norm?
I’ve really only read canon pairings, for the most part. ‘Star Mile’ kind of breaks away from the norm in the beginning, but sticks to mostly canon up until now. I love Bella and Edward together, so when they aren’t paired together I’m not sure I’d be able to read it. Not that a fic with them not together wouldn’t be good, I’ve just never had the heart to read one.

4. Do you have any other ideas for fics up your sleeve? And if so, can you share with us what they are?
*does awkward laugh, shifting slightly* ...uh yeah. I kind of do. Sometimes when I write, genius ideas pop in my head. In reality I have 3 fics with 1 chapter because when I get an idea I write whatever floats into my mind. When I get the vision on the computer I take a step back and think through what the story would be. But for now I’ve got an Alice/Bella idea I’d really like to pursue. It was originally going to be A/J, but it made more sense for it to be A/B – it would be in their POV’s and go through their story together. It would be supernatural, with Alice’s ability coming into play and Bella having one of her own, but it would be AH.

5. What is your top ten playlist when reading or writing Fanfiction?
Spill Canvas – This Is For Keeps. Spill Canvas – Polygraph, Right Now. James Morrison ft. Nelly Furtado – Broken strings. Metric – Gimme Sympathy. Foo Fighters – Everlong. The Midway State – Change for You. Panic At The Disco – When The Day Met The Night. 3OH!3 – Don’t Trust Me. Anberlin – Dismantle. Repair. Taking Back Sunday – My Blue Heaven. With some of these, don’t question me. I have no reason at all for listening to some of them except for the fact that I like the songs. Some don’t have shit to do with what I’m writing with. Also, if an author mentions an inspiring song I will most likely check it out to get a feel for how the chapter is supposed to be read.

6. If you were to write a Charlie only fanfic, what would your basic storyline be? Give a summary.
Hmm, never thought of writing one. I’d maybe do one of him being a big time cop in Seattle or something. Maybe he finds an estranged girl names Isabella that reminds him of someone he’d lost? He could go through the motions of trying to care for her when she’s weary to accept his help. I don’t really know, just throwing something out there, haha.

7. If there was no Edward (God forbid) which other twilight character would steal your heart & why?
Jasper. I really just love him oodles and oodles. He’s such a complete sweetheart in Twilight, even though it’s very difficult for him to control himself. What he has with Alice is the most adorable thing and Jasper is awesome in both the story and in fics. He’s my second favourite Twilight guy : ) Edward being the first.

8. What do you really think of Jacob?
In all honesty I HATED Jacob, but now I don’t mind him so much. He was pivotal in New Moon, and I’m STOKED to see it in November, but in fics he’s sometimes portrayed as the bad guy. I’m really not here or there with him, but his character is laid back, and in fics if he’s that kind of guy then I’m happy. I also don’t like when he tries to go after Bella in fics as a romantic interest, it makes my blood boil ; )

9. You’ve won a trip to Isle Esme, what 3 things would you bring & why?
*squeals* ME? REALLY! How exciting. I would bring my iPod, because I would need music and um, my boyfriend? Is that an option, and if so, then I would definitely bring some type of contraception. I don’t think that needs an explanation ; ) But I wouldn’t want Isle Esme to do the same to me as it did to Bella.

10. If you were a vampire what would your power be?
I think my power would be getting people to tell me their thoughts, or the truth. I have this habit of making people talk to me when something’s wrong. I never really get into fights with people, and if I do I don’t sulk like a child and wait until they apologize first. I literally sit there and make them tell me why they’re pissed and make it all better. As a result I don’t think I’ve ever been in an actual fight with my boyfriend, haha. We bicker like an old, married couple, but I’ve never fought with him until the point that I didn’t want to talk to him, because I MAKE him tell me what’s wrong. So that would be my power, getting the truth or thoughts from people. Not mind reading per say, maybe a Persuasion type of thing.

11. Which was your favourite Twilight book & why?
I think my favourite is Twilight. When I read Breaking Dawn I had a dilemma because I loved it just as much as the first one; I think vampire Bella is completely awesome. But re-reading Twilight I realize why I fell in love with series, and watch as Bella goes through something totally new and bizarre. It’s the rush of new love with a combination of the mysterious and supernatural. I think it’s fascinating.

12. If your life were a fanfic what would the title be?
“A Long, Strange Road” ...don’t ask. My life has been relatively normal thus far, but as nobody knows what they could be doing in five years I think it’s fitting. I mostly chose it because of my past. My parents divorced when I was 7 and we moved around a few times. We moved to the city we’re in now (me, my brother, and my mother), and she got engaged; as did my dad. When I was 14 they got back together...I know? Crazy, right? After being apart for 7 years they got back together and we’ve lived in the house we’re in now ever since. So...it’s been a long, strange road so far; I only wonder what will happen next.


Don't forget to check out Last First Kiss if you haven't already, and don't forget authors of fanfic don't get paid! All they ask for is your time to review!
Till next time....
penning off
Chaz x

No comments:

Post a Comment