Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Guest Reviewer ~ TLCullen132

FAGE! I don't know about you but, during the weeks and days leading up to FAGE, whenever I saw someone mention it I got so excited sometimes, I'd wee a little. Thank goodness for Depends, they really saved the laundry.

As creator of such an amazing group, it warms my heart to see how much effort the givers, the receivers, the readers and especially the event leader, Officer Spread'em, put in to make it such a raging success. A show of hands who thinks this is one of the best ideas ever?

*raises hand*

So, I thought that since FAGE is for the people, by the people, why not give the people a chance to show their appreciation for the great stories that have been created. This week we'll see a whole series of reviews as members of the group talk about their fave entries.

Sit back, grab your fave Edward/Jasper/Emmett/Carlisle/Jacob/Charlie (if ya into that) cup, fill it with our complimentary tea, dip our complimentary Cullen shaped biscuits and enjoy the Cullen-ary delight that is FAGE.

Ferla V


~O~O~O~O~

Within this past week many of you know FAGE has finally been gifted to us. I was lucky enough to be able to Beta for two great fics with some creative prompts. Both did an awesome job and you should check them out, in fact you should have already read all these fics. Our wonderful creator asked for help in reviewing and rec’ing some fics and I offered my assistance. The two fics I picked were CullenLovingMom’s It Takes a Village and Jacky-Cullen’s So Far Away.

I didn’t just pick CLM’s fic just because she’s my friend, but because it stood out, it hit something deep within my heart and I think everyone should give it a read.



Title: It Takes a Village

Written for: Kyndall/Celesticbliss

Written By: Cullenlovingmom

Rating: T

Summary/Prompt used: Our favorite vampire family plays foster family to several human children.

CLM took this prompt down a road that you wouldnt normally take. She created a great and noble original character, Mary Lee, that makes you wish there were more people like her in the world. This story takes place from Carlisle's POV and he's that kind of doctor you'd want to have in your small town. From the get go CLM is pulling on your heartstrings. The Cullens have located to a small mountain town, in honor of Emmetts roots this time around. When one day, in walks Mary Lee with her five kids.

I knew that I was going to like her from the moment I met her. I just didn't realize how much she was going to alter my existence.”

Each child has their special story; this enables you feel where each one of them is coming from. You'll want to hug and squeeze them, and then take them home to love them for all eternity.

CLM captures the atmosphere that surrounds the mountains, putting her own twist to the story, that will open your eyes to an area that is often tainted with distaste and misunderstanding. She gives a very realistic view to the situation and absolution to the problem at hand. So I am pleading with you to go check out this piece of fan fiction.


Now for the nitty gritty M-rating. The fic that Jacky-Cullen brings to us So Far Away is her first M-rated fic. For a first timer this one made me feel it all the way to my bones, which doesn’t happen very often. So I just have to say she did an exceptional job.

Title: So Far Away

Written for: ZenOne

Written By: Jacky-Cullen)

Rating: MA

Summary/Prompt used: Hitchhiker Bella or Edward. When Bella's truck breaks down, she needs a ride to her father's annual BBQ. Good thing a bronze haired Adonis is headed that way too

Who knew that being broken down and stuck on the side of the road could turn into the best thing that could have happened to you. I certainly didn’t and I soooo wished I was Bella by the end. At first she’s scared thinking he’s a murderer…

Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God! I'm going to die! The Fast and the Furious wanna be driver is going to kill me and hide my body in the woods or something equally macabre and nobody is going to know what happened to me.”

to thinking…

"How I died," I responded, "I mean the last thing I remember was my truck stopping, and me getting out looking for cell reception, and now you're here to take me to heaven. You are taking me to heaven, right?"

JC flips the coin and we get to hear from Edward as well. You can’t help but feel for the guy either; he started out at a buck twenty-five going into college and is made into our beloved lean, green eyed, bronze-haired Adonis with the help of his friends, and operation GESA. I just want to put it on record that I want to take this Edward home with me too and just keep him all to myself, because you can’t help but fall in love with him.

A little while into the trip, he gets pretty bold and does the best – and potentially the worst – thing ever, but you’ll have to read it to find out. Through this act I believe is how he really won Bella over, because if I was in her situation, I wouldn't be able to resist either.

This fic makes me want to take a ride with my hubward and get down and dirty in the backseat. So go read and leave her some lovin too on a job well done. Just do it, read, GO, NOW!

That is all….

Theresa aka TLCullen132




1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your kind words! I was so nervous about writing my first M rated fic, but now that it's done I'm so glad I did it.

    ReplyDelete